Saturday, March 24, 2012

Hey there Spring!

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12



So spring came early, huh?

This was my Dappled Nishiki willow on the 11th, just ready to pop,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

and today it is totally leafed out and looking great.

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Because I love befores and afters, and because I can't stop myself from doing the same tedious spring posts every year, I have compiled a selection of pictures from the 11th of this month, and from today (the 24th), to show how happy our plants are here this very early spring.

One section of the daylilies on the 11th,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

and today.

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12


Star magnolia on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

White bleeding heart on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Japanese maple on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Yarrow on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Irises coming up on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Honeysuckle on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Columbine on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Blueberries on the 11th:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/11/12

Today:

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

And a few random things too...

Strawberries survived the mild winter in the rapidly disintegrating coir hanging baskets. I guess they can just stay there another season, huh?

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

Weeeeeeeeeee little grape leaves,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

teeeeeensy tiny lilacs,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

raspberries and blackberries,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

lots o' lamium and my favorite bleeding heart (shhhh, don't tell the white one in the other bed),

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

daylilies and mint in pots that never even got put away for the sorry excuse of a winter we had,

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

and new guy!

Spring Sprung early -- 03/24/12

I wanted something special for the space behind the composter and this is it: a "Blue Muffin" viburnum. I am hoping I get an okay yield on the amazing sounding berries it is supposed to get later in the season, but I do not have a cross-pollinator on my property, so we'll see. I'm sure I could be persuaded to plant another viburnum somewhere else in the yard...

In other news, I have started converting the tiny crawly hole in one of the bedroom closets into a walk-up attic (pictures soon), I am still sporadically adding to my wonderful little log cabin blanket,

haven't taken a picture in a while

the boys just keep getting bigger,

3-11-12

and we are now only two months away from Miss Lydia's arrival!

32 weeks - side

And that's all she wrote. For now anyway. :)

8 comments:

TeresaR said...

Nothing says spring like red Wellies! ;) You are so organized. I tend to forget I've taken photos after I take them. And look at you! You are the cutest, slimmest pregnant gal.

Carrie said...

I see so many blessings in this set of pictures Amber- the baby bump, the boys in the trees, right down to the adorable boots, and all the nature that goes with wearing them! You are truly blessed.

Sherrie said...

Fun! I love reading your garden updates because you guys are so far ahead of us. :)

Kristina said...

I do love spring posts! The red wellies pic is gorgeous and I love the green taking over after the winter. I hope spring gets started around here soon as well. Have a great two more months until meeting your baby :)

Amber said...

 Thanks T. I love, love, love these boots! And I have the potential to be a very organized person in many ways, but get overwhelmed sometimes when I try to be too organized in chaotic environments. I think many of us understand this feeling. :)

Amber said...

 Thank you Carrie. Many things to be thankful for, that's for sure!

Amber said...

 Heck, we're even ahead of ourselves this year! ;)

Amber said...

 I feel such a thrill every year when life returns to the yard. Just magical, every time.