Friday, July 5, 2013

Garden and knitting (is there ever much else in the summer?)

zucchini

The (late, late, late!) garden is up and doing well so far!

punkins!

the birdcage, but less robin williams and nathan lane

I haven't been enjoying the humidity and heat, especially after such an incredible spring, but I'm incredibly thankful for all the rain we've had this year.

And on the plus side (I suppose): When it's too hot to be out there, I get more knitting done.

1 single

new sweater for Lydia

new sweater for Lydia

new sweater for Lydia

new sweater for Lydia

(And there is still plenty of succulent excitement going on.)

S O  T I N Y

I love that "big" reddish guy

In between fussing over tiny plants, I decided to cast on a little something for myself.

washed and lightly blocked

a ball of Juniper Moon Farm Cormo Rusticus

If all goes well, I'll be enjoying a lovely new sweater this winter.

7-5

And in the meantime, I can always skulk around the yard in the evenings when the sun is not so brutal.

raspberries ripening

wild morning glory

closer

5 comments:

Sarah V. said...

I'm in awe of your gardening skills! I have a total black thumb, so growing things are very impressive to me. And I'm so excited to see how Blaithin knits up! It looks gorgeous so far.

Amber said...

If it's any consolation to your black thumb, I am only good at outside gardening. Inside plants die slow, horrible deaths under my watchful eye. I'll never understand what I do wrong again and again!

Blaithin! So excited!

Sarah V. said...

BLAITHIN!!!

Kristina said...

LOVE your baby succulents (of course) :) Your garden looks wonderful and not at all hot and unbearable, but we're going through a hot spell as well right now. The tomatoes love it, me, not so much.

Can't wait to see your knitting when it's done! I have the urge to go back to knitting too, I even bought a norwegian mitten pattern on holiday :)

Amber said...

I thought you'd enjoy the succulents! ;) Luckily, as I reply to you, the heat has broken here and it has been perfect out there. Everything is just growing so nicely this year. I feel so lucky!

You should knit again when you have time! It's such a nice thing to be able to pick up during a quiet moment. (And I have been enjoying your Norway photos immensely!)